mardi, juillet 27, 2004

Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?

Since I have now confirmed that this works, I thought it might be appropriate to add a little information about myself for anyone who cares (which may turn out to be no one).
 
Who are you?
    I'm Gina. Who are you?
 
What are you doing here?
    Well, I think it's quite evident that I'm making a blog.  But I'm also trying to make my life easier by having this instead of having to email everyone, and then feeling bad because I left someone out.
 
When are you going to update this thing?
    Whenever I can, thank you very much.  Since I'm a student and a teacher, once school starts it might not be as often as I'd like.
 
Where are you?
   I'm in Eugene, Oregon. 
 
Why do you think you're interesting enough to have your own blog, anyway?
   Well, my brother's interesting enough, and I heard that being interesting runs in the family.
 
Didn't you just forget and/or skip how?
    Yes I did. 
 
Other useful information...
  • I'm a graduate teaching fellow in French at The University of Oregon.  That means that I'm working towards a Master's Degree in French and earning my keep by teaching at the same time.  Last year I taught the 100-level French sequence, and next year I'll teach the 200-level.
  • My undergraduate degree is from Ripon College.  No, you probably haven't heard of it.  It's really small.  And it's in Wisconsin.
  • My parents both work at the University of Arizona, and my brother goes to school in Baltimore, so we're pretty spread out. 
  • Sometimes when I go out with my friends here, I'm the only American.
  • I like music that some people think is a little strange.  Some of my favorites are Belle and Sebastian, Saint Etienne, Magnetic Fields and the Sixths. 
  • I worked at the Gap for a long time, in Kids.  But I always liked Banana Republic better.
  • I love shoes and lip gloss.  A lot.  And when I say a lot, I mean really really really a lot.  Some of my friends have considered doing an intervention.
  • I'm learning how to cook.  Or really, to be a better cook. I'm trying.  I can bake good cookies!
  • Teen Girl Squad, at Homestarrrunner.com, always makes me laugh.  "I have a crush on eeeeevery boy!" 
  • My favorite things to do in the classes I teach are talk about "La Double-Vie d'Eliana," make overheads with my finger puppet collection and play "Quel est ton probleme?" (which is also my favorite game on the Late Show)
  • Once Marc asked my class what they would have to do to be like me.  Some of my favorite answers were- wear a lot of pink, have lots of finger puppets, drink a lot of coffee, live at the Gap. 

I think that I'm supposed to be doing laundry and trying to get ready to go visit my brother in San Diego right now.  Whoops.  Until next time...