dimanche, août 22, 2004

Future trampoline aspirations

Oh, I already forgot what I was going to say. Hooray for me.

Did you know that trampoline is an Olympic sport? The finals were on last night, and I called Dad to alert him to this monumental event, but sadly, he turned on the tv too late and missed it. I know that trampoline really is considered a sport (it's even a class here at U of O) but I didn't realize that it was in the Olympics. Heather and I were talking last night about my goals in life, and I told her that I had added "Olympic trampoline star" to "member of Belle and Sebastian" and "marrying into royalty." Although we both agreed that they were sort of off-kilter goals, I reminded her of my active imagination and of that fact that, in my head, they were perfectly normal. So there.

The whole scandal with what's-his-face Hamm (I'm not being obnoxious, I really did forget his name) not "really" winning the gold medal in gymnastics reminds me of the 2002 winter games and the figure skating problem and the cute Canadians. And the slight obsession of Claire, which was ok, because the Canadians were undeniably adorable. And when Sarah Hughes won the gold, Sarah Mahler Hughes (or, as she was called by Rodman Rats, Mom) ended up with large pictures of the figure skater on her door, but with her face super-imposed. It was funny. The picture, not my stunning use of dangling modifiers.

This Old House is not nearly as good as it used to be. I miss Steve Thomas. This new guy is way too young to be the host. This Old House is not supposed to change. Just like the Victory Garden wasn't supposed to change. I grew up watching these shows on PBS with my parents- thus they are not allowed to change. Shape up, This Old House!

I'm jealous that Claire has already seen Garden State.

And, with that witty comment, I'm left with nothing else to say. Sigh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

omg, I LOVE the canadians. woot!

and you're not the only one with vaguely unrealistic goals. that's why we're friends. *g*

12:25 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home