dimanche, novembre 21, 2004

A story of a girl and her tree, or, what I did after studying

So. I did lots of work today. Lots. I think that by next weekend I'll be starting to actually write the papers, which is good. But tonight, I didn't really feel like continuing to work. So I put up my Christmas tree.

Now, I know what you're going to ask. "Gina, it's not even Thanksgiving. Why the heck are you putting up that tree already?" I like my tree. I got it last year on a trip to Target that was intended as a trip to get a little bitty tree for the table. Well, that worked, except the tree moved off the table and grew as tall as me. So yeah. But it's pretty! Obviously fake, yes, but not horrid at all. It makes me happy. And I can use all the happy I can get these days. Plus, I'm leaving for Tucson pretty soon after I'm done with classes, and I wanted to be able to enjoy my pretty tree for as long as I could (some of you may remember that last year it stayed up until almost February).

After remembering that I didn't exactly put it up on my own last year (I think I actually watched most of the process), I made Meara help me. She was a good helper, even after I realized that it wasn't really a hard process. And she took all the pictures that are below. Now my living room is pretty. Happy!

Now, the "photo essay"- "Development of a tree." Look from top to bottom (I thought ahead). I'm actually in these, since Meara nicely used my camera. So happy! tree!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

It's close enough to thanksgiving that the tree is ok... but only if you put a thanksgiving ornament on. Just kidding. Being able to enjoy the tree is most of the point of it. Rockin photo montage as well.

~Heather

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

I agree, trees are fun. I would get one this year (I have in the past) but unfortunately my roommate is allergic to them. So we're compromising and I'm going to bring home a few branches from a tree lot and keep them in my room - I love the smell. Yay christmas! have you ever thought about making your own ornaments? Like the snowflakes that we used to cut out in 2nd grade?

-sandra

10:30 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home