lundi, novembre 15, 2004

surrealist what?

Oh dear. So tired. Tomorrow is only Monday, isn't it? Such a bizarre weekend. But did see Bridget Jones- The Edge of Reason. Laughed. A lot. Only almost cried 2 (or maybe 3) times. Loved the parody of The Spy who Loved me, complete with "Nobody does it better" (which, consequently, was apparently one of Carly Simon's biggest hits. This has been random fact #312 learned from watching special features on Bond movies).

I realised earlier today that the paper topics I was considering for 2 classes (trying to dove-tail them together to save research time and the small amount of my sanity remaining) don't really interest me. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have figured out if I can stomach them enough to write on them. If anyone cares, for Libertinage, that would be "Comment est-ce que le concept du libertinage change du livre de Manon Lescaut a l'opera Manon?" and for Word and Music "Word as music- from book to libretto to opera, as seen through Manon Lescaut." Perhaps you can see the theme there. Problem is, I didn't really love Manon Lescaut. Didn't hate it, but definately not the best thing I've read this term. (side note- by the end of this crazy term I will have read between 12 and 15 books). What to do, what to do. Still am stranded on my crazy surrealist island with no paper topic for Reality as Fragment. 18-25 pages crazy stranded.

I forgot how much I loved "Tiger Bay" until I listened to it yesterday and today. It's one of Saint Etienne's earlier albums, but still retains its good-ness. Oh my god, I just typed good-ness. And didn't fix it. Either time. Can you tell I'm losing it? But anyway, still a great album, you should all buy it and listen to it. A lot. Oh, and "That horse must be starving" by Avril, if you can find it. No, you silly people, not by any means Avril Lavigne. It's by a French guy who goes by Avril. But the album's in English, don't worry. It's one of the most seamless examples of trip-hop I've heard in a long time. And it's just really pretty (ha, April, ha! it's pretty! Oooh, your name would be Avril in French! connections!)

Found job that I love. Starts in January. When I'll be in 19th century lit class. As Claire would say0 facepalm. Wait, did I mention this last time? If so, I'm sorry. And yes, I still visibly gag at the thought of romanticism and the 19th century.

The incoherence is setting in even deeper, and I take this as a sign that I should stop blogging now. Yes. Good night.