vendredi, mars 18, 2005

What's a pseudonym? A fake nym!

From today's 19th century final (that's a final in a class about 19th century lit, not a final in the style of the 19th century, if you were wondering) (and yes, I said final. I took a final. I haven't taken a final since 20th century musical styles, way back when in Ripon). But anyway, from today's final:

Professor Emery (handing out the exams)- Oh, someone's going to get a pink exam.
Emily and Eliana (at the same time)- Gina!
Entire class laughs, including me. Not so hard that I cried this time (see references to ninjas, bears and monkeys (oh my!) in earlier posts for laughing so hard I cried)

So I took a final printed on a pink piece of paper. Not that it was any different, but I'd like to think that it was special. Final- check! And that paper? The big one? That I complained about? And turned in Monday? Got an A. Yup. A. So happy. I invested so much in that paper and it ended up really mattering to me (who thought I'd ever say that about something involved with the 19th century?), so finding out that it was a good piece of work meant a lot to me. And the fact that our wonderful professor, who is sick, graded the entire classes' work and got it back today. We're talking maybe 16 or 17 of us, with the grads writing 10-15 (I had 14) and the undergrads maybe 6-9. That, ladies and gentlemen, is a lot of work. So snaps for her (name that bad movie reference- go!), and damnit, snaps for me! Snaps for me!

Let's see, I'm tired, I just graded a huge stack of papers and exams, and tomorrow I need to post final grades (not a hard task since I have them all in a file) and pack. Tomorrow evening I leave for Tucson and the sun. But, you know, it's been sunny here too. Except today and yesterday. It wasn't sunny today and yesterday. And it rained. That is all.

But that's not all! I'm still talking, probably because I had caffeine and sugar too late at night! Goooooood idea Gina! Speaking of good ideas, having a new template for the blog is a good idea. Anyone? Help?

Today I talked to Letha, my cousin's fiancee, for a long time on the phone. For those of you who haven't been paying attention, I'm in their wedding (which is very nice) in September. Letha is so sweet and wonderful, and I'm really happy she's joining our family. I'm so used to having a small family (except for the really extended part), and it's getting so much bigger this year! Chris is getting married, and my Uncle Phil finaaaaally is as well. When I was little I was determined that he get married so that I could be the flower girl. I asked him if, at 23, I still could. He seemed cool with the idea. Chris told me this summer that I'm next, but I think that at the rate I'm going, I'll be last. This is not a problem for me. Not at all.

Yesterday, Emily and I both made the same really bad joke at the same time.

I just remembered that even though I finished up this quarter really well and am on track for my exams (eep!) and thesis (eep!), I have no job. Hmm. This could become a problem. But I still have time, and as of now the time-table is much easier to deal with, since people are now looking for candidates who are available when I am, and not too much earlier. Heeeeeeere jobby jobby jobby !!!! (name that reference- go!)

Oh, it's late (but not Claire-late). I'm going to bed!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Colored finals always make it more fun and exciting and puts you in a better mood for a final. I might be able to help with redesigning the blog, but I don't know how your service really works... but I can try if you want. And don't worry, a job will find you.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.artsopportunities.org/search.cfm?type=job

Check it out, you may already know about this site, but it seems pretty cool.

Also, if you want to see some recent pictures from my trip to Europe (York, UK and Amsterdam) go to http://www.einphilly.blogspot.com/

Check you later.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey, I should have remembered to say this long ago, but congrats on the A, genius!

1:20 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home