mercredi, octobre 26, 2005

Most likely to what?

Inspired in some bizarre way by more chocolate (I know, I know) and my new “le chill” playlist, I have decided to make a list of personal goals and ambitions. How one led to the other, I don’t really know. Like me, it’s in no particular order, and I may decide to include some goals that I’ve managed to accomplish. And, mes amis, lest you think I’ve gotten all serious, read the list first. It is, after all, me.

*Teach all French drivers about the pedestrian right-of-way.
*Own a small dog that I can prance around town with.
*Marry into royalty.
*Become Olympic trampoline star.
*Become ballroom dancing champion.
*Properly make an omelet, and not just turn it into scrambled eggs.
*Host my own medieval cooking show, on PBS, preferably between “Inside America’s Test Kitchen” and “Breaking Bread with Father Dominic.” (This goal brought to you by my dad)
*Kiss someone at night on a lit-up bridge.
*Move to France. (Partially there- I’m here, but will I be able to stay?)
*Become member of Belle and Sebastian.
*Own the Criterion Collection version of Rushmore.
*Make friends with Johnny Depp.
*Start my own weekend music school, and finance it entirely through grants and underwriting, making it free for students.
*Work for the Lyric Opera of Chicago.
*Work for the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago.
*Eat at a 5-star restaurant.
*Make my parents proud.
*Live in the same city as my best friend for longer than a month.
*Knit a sweater that I would actually wear.
*Have my old chair, in the seminar room on the 3rd floor of West Hall at Ripon, dipped in gold.
*Learn to properly pronounce août and yaoûrt.
*See Saint Etienne in concert.
*Visit as many countries as possible.
*Add extra letters to the end of my name. (If only I had gotten another BA, it would be AB BA MA. Abbama! How cool would that be?)
*Be so loved by someone that they will get off a train/plane/other moving vehicle requiring ticket to chase after me.
*Be an aunt.
*Have at least yearly reunions with various groups of friends.
*Learn Latin.
*Find vintage clothing that fits me.
*Learn to play cello and harpsichord.
*Fly first class.
*Look French. (It works sometimes when I hide behind a scarf, but I’m still obviously. not. French.)
*Convince all of my friends to switch from Livejournal to Blogger.
*Then get my own Typepad blog.
*Learn another song on the pennywhistle.