vendredi, juillet 30, 2004

Wireless! Internet!

Live from San Diego- it's an update from a wireless internet cafe! So it looks like the wireless card does indeed work. Anyway, it's beautiful enough here that I may just hide and never leave. Sigh. I've been in La Jolla with Mike while he's at work the past 2 days. But I don't want to get boring and talk about every little thing that we've done. Instead, I'll make a list of 8 strangest, funniest and coolest things that happen here.

1* Waaaay too much money spent on dogs. Seriously. I have never seen this many stores geared soley to our canine friends.
2* Sign at park reading "Field closed. No play" Mike and I could hear the children weeping from miles away.
3* Torrey Pines Road changes names and directions approximately 5 million times.
4* Is that the judge's house? No- it's an empty lot!
5* Streets intersecting with themselves. We've seen Torrey Pines intersect with Torrey Pines. Ludington intersect with Ludington. Via Capri with Via Capri. And more. Why does this happen? Why? Is it seriously there just to confuse the average person? Is this San Diego's cruel cruel joke?
6* Two words- sushi boats. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat sushi that doesn't come from a boat again. I told Mike that we could eat there eeeeeevery day and I wouldn't have a problem with it. Somehow, I don't see that happening.
7* Mike's co-worked Hannes offered me a gig with the San Diego Symphony! On oboe! For the Rite of Spring! Am I doing it? Dude, of course not- I'm not that good! But it was a fun thought during the half second it existed in my head.
8* People bike places. And walk. A lot. There aren't just the few token people who walk. It's more of a way of life here, like in Eugene. People in other cities should take note of this and join in.


I really am having a wonderful time out here. I'm going to try and upload some pictures later and post them. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to update often, since I know all 2 readers are on the edge of their seats waiting to find out what I do next!