dimanche, août 22, 2004

tea and such

Claire's livejournal is pretty. I'm jealous. But my blog is still purple, which makes me happy.

I've just re-read "
Getting Over it" by Anna Maxted and confirmed what I previously thought- I like "Running in Heels" by the same author a lot more. That shouldn't stop anyone from reading either book, though- they're both quite good. I just prefer the latter.

It's been pouring here but it just stopped. I haven't seen it rain in Eugene for a while, so this was very nice. Plus rain=less heat. And that's always good.

Tea is calming. I've heard that Yoga is too. I never seem to have time to take Yoga classes, though. Does anyone know if the videos work? Until then, I'll keep drinking lots of tea. Some favorites-
Yogi Tea (especially the Cocoa Spice and Green Chai) - Besides the fact that they're delicious, each box has a different Yoga exercise on it, and each tea bag has a different saying from Yogi Bhajan. I also really like loose-leaf rose-petal tea. It's almost worth buying a tea strainer/tea ball just for this. Yum. Republic of Tea's Good Hope Vanilla Red tea is what I always get at the bookstore before classes. And finally, PG Tips black tea is simply the best black tea ever. My best friend Sarah introduced me to it (she grew up in England and Germany) and it's wonderful. And more widely available than you'd think.

Why are food processors so expensive?