mardi, novembre 16, 2004

Huh?

Peter Joshua- What are you doing?
Regina Lampert- I'm having a nervous breakdown.
-Charade

Welcome to my world, people. Actually, I've discovered that blogging appears to keep me somewhat sane. So you'll probably be stuck with hearing from me a lot in the coming weeks.

It is a sign of what time of quarter it is that I met with all three of my professors today. One to talk about my presentation tomorrow (with Eliana, on Les liasons dangereuses, more specifically l'education de la Marquise). One to admit that I don't really love my paper topic but am going to do it anyway (I have chosen sanity over pleasure in writing this term). And finally (wait, actually, secondly- I apparently can't write in order) to work on my topic for 20th century. There is a topic, but I don't feel like typing it all out right now. I'll probably type a lot of other stuff, though. However, unless something wonky happens, this will end up being my Masters Essay, changing from my earlier topic. Since I came in wanting to write about surrealism, this is parfait. J'adore le surrealisme. That is not my topic, by the way. I determined that "surrealism is cool" was not a good thesis and I should maybe find something else. Which I did.

ohmygod, I'm so tired. I still have reading to do, so maybe I should stop writing and start reading. Oooh, but tomorrow I get to teach the plus-que-parfait in class! It's one of my most favorite tenses. Yes, that does mean that I'm a dork. Non-dorks don't have favorite French verb tenses. The name literally translates to "more than perfect" which still makes me giggle. After a gazillion years studying french, even. 10, actually.

For those of you who were waiting for something of more substance, sorry. Leave a comment and complain and maybe I'll be better tomorrow. Maybe not though, since that's when The AMAZING RACE starts again, and you know how I get about that (if you read this thing this summer).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I love that you have a favorite verb tense. It makes me feel like I might not be the world's only gigantic geek (I mean that affectionately, of course). I'm going to go read a 566-page book about American legal history now, just for fun.

-April

8:49 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home