jeudi, mai 19, 2005

Focus! Then we can make underwear!

Hello everyone. It's been almost a week, hasn't it? Well that's what happens when you are almost done with school!!! It's not like I've been buried in work again, it's really just that I haven't been that productive. Not that I don't love you, it's just that I have been enjoying the company of my television and my bed and my friends (but not necessarily together, people!)

First, because I know you were all waiting for this- I passed. I was told unofficially on Monday, and got the official email and comments the next day. It was something I was pretty sure would happen, but there's still that glimmer of doubt that something went terribly wrong without you knowing it. Luckily (not really luck, since I studied my butt off) that didn't happen here, and I passed across the board (funniest comment? One of my committee members suggesting that I should have used Alexandre le Grand in the essay, a play that wasn't even on my reading list. Oh well). So I have to finish this MA essay, and then the short paper for class this term. And then? MA degree! I'm walking in our ceremony- I have the funny gown and hood and everything (and no, you can't wear your undergrad gown, this one is different and seems to have wing-like things attatched to the sleeves). My mom and brother come in three weeks, and if any of you have any frequent flier miles you'd like to use up, I'd love to have you here, too! June 11th!

Ok, so there's that. And there's the wonderful weekend I had- movies, Sweet Life desserts, more movies, Sex and the City, apple martinis, baking, and the most wonderful lunch ever with Emily, her mom, Steve and Charlie. 2 hours at Cafe Xenon that started with mimosas (including adorable individual champagne bottles), continued with eggs Jean-Pierre (oh-so-good) and finished with coffee and caramel chocolate cheesecake (and no, it wasn't overkill). The lunch also was completely free of talk about school and full of relaxation and some of the best company around. I really do have wonderful friends.

I'm listening to this wonderful mix cd that Emily made me today (I made her one before exams that was a completely random mix of bizarre things that made me laugh). Looking at the track listing couldn't have prepared me for how great it is and how thoughtful. The mix is great, varied, and every song has some meaning. It also includes "Gatto matto," my favorite Italian rap song (don't start on me, people) that Steve must have mentioned that I'm slightly obsessed with (I made him play it for me all the time last year). Emily's the best- have I mentioned that before? And the title of this post comes from our desire to design our own underwear (or at least print on existing ones), but the reality that we had to work (me- reading about automatic writing and Emily-writing Italian paper). We did, eventually, stop and watch Alias (my favorite- 2 hour special) and she made popcorn that involved neither a microwave nor artificial flavors (Gina- "Wow- it smells like real corn!")

My uncle Phil is the best. Today he called to congratulate me on finishing les examens, and ended up giving me leads on jobs through a co-worker, his wife (who is French and very sweet, as is her husband) and their friends. You may remember Phil from last summer's trip to Chicago (I don't know how to link to that). When I was little I really wanted him to get married so that I could be the flower girl. Well, now he is, but I'm 23. Is that too old? And this means that I get a new aunt, and that I'll have two Aunt Pams (how does this happen?). Holy multiplying family, Batman!

Once again, I'll make this futile call for help- does anyone know things about web design? This template is tres old school pour moi maintenant, and I have no clue how to make one. I'm going to search the web for templates, but if any of you know what you're doing, it would be wonderful!

Love! Gina

(April and Emily B.- I'm going to try and make la version Gina of that playlist Em mentioned tomorrow and see how it sounds- I'll let vous deux know what happens)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Not necessarily together implies that there's a possibility that it could be all together. Hmm... that comment made more sense in my head before I wrote it. Well 23 might be too old for the title of flower girl, but you could be flower queen or princess or something. (Again, an idea that sounded better before I wrote it down). Ah well, good luck on the job leads! (That sounds ok written out... finally). :-)

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Congrats G!!!! Yeah! Now we both have passed our master's exams and get to wear hoods and those silly gowns with the bat-wings! We are going to be so totally stylish! Just wanted to say hi. Miss you G! fam-ILY!
Love,
~Kari

12:40 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home