jeudi, juillet 14, 2005

I've got a golden ticket...

Ok, I admit, it's not really golden. And it's not even really a ticket, but rather a receipt for a ticket. But it's from British Airways, and it came in the mail today, and it says that I'm leaving Phoenix August 15th, and that makes me happy. Yipyipyip! (god, I sound like one of those outer-space monsters from Sesame Street). But don't you love my tie-in with Willy Wonka? I made my dad rent that movie over and over and over when I was little (but to be fair- he rented it for me first, then I got addicted). I even have the soundtrack (dork!), because of that time I had to re-write a song for pref party. Hey, anyone else remember unwrapping all those Hershey Bars and re-wrapping them in purple, with the golden tickets inside? Wasn't that tedious? And honestly, new movie? Friday? Johnny Depp? I'll be there. And so will Jen, who informed me today that she actually wants to go and will not have to be dragged along on my whim.

I'm trying to make the most of this last span of time in Eugene. Last night Emily and her friend Jasmine and I made it out to Luckey's to see a French singer, Naim Amor, and his band perform. Funny thing is, he lives in Tucson now, but is from Paris. We have a connection! Mom told me to make sure to talk to him after the show (mooooom! it's not like I'm going to marry him), and for once I delivered and found out that even though I won't be able to see them again while I'm in Tucson, I will catch them in Lyon, strangely enough on a tour that Tucson bands are doing of France. Fits it with the oddness of my life, though. He was very nice, and the show was actually really good. I would have been perfectly ok with just spending some time with the two lovely ladies, but it was wonderful to have good music too. Plus, any music in French tends to make me happy. I think that'll change next year, n'est-ce pas? There was also a guy there who looked like Marc, which confused me the entire night. Emily and Jasmine and I were crazy, as usual, and had a bang-up time. We made fun of other people's outfits (bitchy!), checked out cute guys (flirty!) and drank (lushes!). I still need to see more people, though, so here's the plan. LISTEN UP EVERYONE!!! Especially if you're in Eugene. But, you know, I think that everyone who reads this is from a place other than Eugene. So listen up if you love me a lot and are willing to purchase a plane ticket. I want to get everyone I can together Saturday night, possibly at Indigo for an "Au revoir Eugene" fling. Let's face it, my apartment isn't really big enough to hold many people, so having this at a public place is really the only option. If you really are interested, call or email me. I'm going to send out an email to basically everyone I've ever met in Eugene, so this could be interesting. Or it could be me and Emily and Jen, which would also be cool. You should all come, especially since there's always the possibility that I'll do something ridiculous, which is funny for other people.

I made pad thai tonight, simply because I happened to have a mix for it around. I don't often use mixes for things, but this was ok (just not spicy enough! Thanks a lot Trader Joe's). I've been making myself by small amounts of things at the market so that I have to keep going out (get out of the house Gina!), and when I went tonight, I found out that chicken was on sale. How happy! It's the little things that make you happy. Chicken sale! Cluck cluck! Oh wait, that might not be funny. Sorry everyone.

Oh oh! Emily and I saw Mad Hot Ballrom today at the Bijou. First, any movie seen at the Bijou theatre is made cooler by the simple fact that the Bijou is awesome and used to be a church. Secondly, this little documentary is great. For anyone who lives in a box and doesn't know about it (okok, so maybe it'd have to be a really really big box), it's a film about 5th graders in New York City who have to take ballroom dance and how they prepare for the city-wide competition. Because this is Eugene and everyone seems to be generally happy and love other people, the audience in the movie theatre clapped after performances. How sweet. That's what this movie is, sweet. Definitely not the best I've ever seen, but worth trying. And seriously people, little kids ballroom dancing is cool. I worry that some of them may be better than I would be.

Ta da! I'm done for the night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I now have Mad Hot Ballroom saved on my Netflix queue for whenever it comes out on DVD. Yay for documentaries. You've seen Spellbound, I hope?

I'm going to see the new Willy Wonka movie, even though I'm not sure about Johnny Depp in that role. As I told someone the other day, Gene Wilder was like someone's crazy uncle, whereas in the trailers, Johnny comes across more like someone's crazy uncle who might molest your kid. Still, considering they probably had at least 20 times the budget on this one and Tim Burton directed, it's got to be worth checking out.

1:24 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home