lundi, août 08, 2005



It's Sunday night- aren't you all excited? Oh fuck, I just remembered that I need to upload many cds to the computer this week, since I'm not taking many actual cds with me. Sorry, if I didn't write that, I'd forget to do it. But anyway, Tucson is Tucson, but a few interesting things have actually been going on. Mike and Dad left on their cross-country trip (well, Tucson to Indianapolis for Dad) Saturday morning, so Friday we all went to El Charro for dinner. If you've heard of Mexican food in Tucson, there's a good chance that you've heard of El Charro. It's wonderful and delicious and fun. We cheat and go to the East side location instead of the original downtown, but we like to think it's better over here. And look at my margarita! (for anyone who's interested, the tablecloth is actually oilcloth, made in Mexico and easily available in Tucson. It comes in tons of bright colors and patterns and is a fabulous table-covering substance, as it wipes clean. ) The guys are fine, and currently in Oklahoma. Yeah, we feel sorry for them too.

Mom and I celebrated by having a huge house party and drinking every last bit of alcohol in the house. No, that's not true. Or is it? But no matter what really went down, I've been enjoying spending time with my mom and running around Tucson. I could give you a hundred reasons why I love my mom, but very near the top would be her support of what I do and the choices I make. (That's also near the top of the list for things I love about my dad, joined by "he watched Teletubbies with me" and "he drinks as much, if not more, coffee than I do")
It's monsoon season here, which measn that almost every day big, thick, grey clouds roll in and sprinkle down at least a little bit of rain (sometimes featuring a free-gift-with-purchase side of thunder, lightning or wind). It's a nice break from constant heat. But hey, it's been under 100 for several days now! Cooling down!
And now, everyone, I'm going to watch the end of Garden State. Because I can.