jeudi, juin 15, 2006

As of midnight here in Lyon, it's officially Alex's birthday. When I asked if I could call him today (timing is tricky now), he said not to worry about it and we'd celebrate when he got back. Wait a second buster, we ALREADY celebrated your birthday! Remember? We went to a concert and I even made a CAKE (thanks Cooking for Mr. Latte) and got you a present! When you get back in September we're celebrating MY birthday!

All that aside, it hardly seems real that we met almost 10 months ago (for all of you who are checking my math I'm RIGHT because we didn't start dating until two and a half months later) when I had just gotten here. This is proof that you can indeed form lasting relationships with people you meet at the bank. I have been spoiled and taken care of like never before, all by someone who thinks it's just normal to do all of that. He cleaned my ENTIRE kitchen people. I have a million and two stories I want to tell you, but for time and sappiness's sake, I'll stick to one that you may have already heard but that I could tell over and over. Christmas day last year I was with some friends at Niki's eating that famous duck, but feeling that feeling you get the first Christmas you're not with your family. Alex and I had talked the day before (it's important to know that he was with his family in Bourges, which is three and a half hours away) and when I told him that I was by myself in my apartment I think he realised that I really was sorta alone. We talked multiple times on Christmas day itself, through texts until he called and told me that he had left something that he needed that week in my apartment and really needed me to go back and find it. After a little convincing, I walked back to my apartment for what I felt would be a futile search followed by a return to Niki's, but instead found him there waiting for me in the entry-way of the building. I nearly-cried, dropped everything that I was holding and hit him to make sure he was real. Lila, who had come with me, screamed. Like, really screamed, and then ran out of the building for an unknown reason. This is the guy who ditches out on his family on Christmas day to come surprise a girlfriend who's a million miles away from hers. So, mon bebe, bon anniversaire, I love you more than cake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

cute story...and gina, I love you more than a fat kid loves cake!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

ET phone home :)

11:03 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

More than cake? Jeepers. He must be a keeper! (He's darn cute.)

11:57 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home