jeudi, juin 15, 2006

I did promise this to e...




Since Maria left on Wednesday, Monday night we decided to finally try Le jardin de Berthe, a mostly-salad restaurant we've been thinking about all year. What we thought would be a funky little place with good food was actually a large stylish place with really good food (and ok, we could have done away with that misconception if any of us had ever, oh, looked inside, in the year we've been walking by it). I can't figure out if people go there to be seen, or if there just happened to be a large proportion of hip people there that night. Further research to follow? Anyway, if any of you come to Lyon, I'll take you here. There are about 50 salads, as well as some other pasta dishes, so the menu takes time. Especially if you're not really reading it and talking to your friends instead. Not like I'd ever do that. Never. But truly, I was impressed with the quality of the ingredients and the portions- god knows that I eat a lot, and this salad was big even for me. In true French fashion, I had the salade Sarladaise (named for a town that I visited on the spring trip to Dordogne), which features gesiers de canard, magret de canard (two different types of duck meat), corn, rice and raisins. It sounds better in French.

This post also marks the departure of Maria, which means that it's down to me and Kelsey (and my non-american friends) here in Lyon. We'll always have quat ladies.