lundi, novembre 29, 2004

Screw you Manon Lescaut!

I am dead. Manon Lescaut has killed me. More specifically, Jules Massenet and his stupid stupid opera. Foiled by the Opera Comique. I remember in 19th century styles class, Professor Dietrich gave us 3 minutes to come up with a summary of some term, and Claire and I had opera comique, and it was her job to explain and my job to say the French words. Not that I didn't know about the stuff. I was just good at saying French words. I still am. It comes with those French degrees, you know. Anyway, obviously I finally got the opera, and listened to it (or most of it). Yeah. I don't think my life was missing anything without this opera in it. But it did mean that I got to actually leave the apartment for a while. That was exciting. Think I may be going off on the wrong track on my surrealism paper. Presentation on opera-of-doom tomorrow. Almost did Manon Lescaut in finger puppets, but ran out of time and don't care about stupid book. If it were Les liaisons dangereuses I would've made time. Trying to keep myself from completely derailing before the end of the quarter. And I'm listening to music I liked in 8th grade. Yes folks, 8th grade. That was a long time ago. I was, umm, 13. Wow. That's many years ago. Is this sad? That I still know all the words to the cd? Will I reveal it? No way, you saw what happened with the ABBA thing. Not making that mistake again. Oooh, can't do presentation if I'm asleep! Going to bed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Gina, are you listening to ace of base?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Gina Louise said...

No, anonymous commenter, I wasn't. But good try and thanks for playing!

7:21 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home