vendredi, avril 01, 2005

I don't like this poem so I'm going to cross out the number and make it go away

Let's all do the "it's almost the end of week-one" dance! Wooooo. Ok, that's over with. But what I said before still holds true- it really is going to be a race to the finish. But then, well, no more school. This is interesting. I've been in school my entire life (except for those 9 months after I finished undergrad in December before coming here), so not going to class is going to be strange. Job? What?

So, banging a book against your desk will not make it go away, or magically remove it from your reading list, or insert all of the information into your head. Damn you, du Bellay! Why do you have SO many regrets? Seriously, I don't know if I have time for 180 pages of your problems. I know that you've been dead for a long time, but I felt that we should still have this conversation.

These are things that happened to me today:
"But Steve, I don't want to be a carrier of the plague!"
"Wait, Emily, where are we going?" (5 minutes later) "What are we doing?"
"Well, maybe if it was a school that really liked ninjas..."
"I couldn't have lived in the Middle Ages because they didn't have cupcakes."

And yesterday:
"Don't make overheads while watching the Amazing Race or this will happen to you!"
"It's an agent, but not like a secret agent." (about the passive voice with agent)

Is daylight savings this weekend? Is it sad that the way I remember is that it usually falls around formal time? Does anyone else remember the 2 spring formals where it snowed? April- name those formals that we went to in the spring, but where snow was involved! Go! Or anyone else? Anyone? Also, what office device was featured prominently in many Yule Ball photos? And why? This was not supposed to be a quiz, sorry.

Saturday night Michigan State plays to make the finals. I don't like sports. I don't like basketball. But I grew up going to Michigan State games, so I like watching them play. This is one of those few exceptions I'll make to watch a sporting event. In honor of that, I'll leave you with part of the MSU fight song. Sing it, damnit!
Go right through for MSU, watch the points keep grooooowing-
Spartan teams are bound to win they're fighting with a vim-
Raa raa raa raa!

(side note- is that word really supposed to be "vim?" can YOU prove me wrong?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know, I know!

It snowed at the formal I got drunk at! And then the other time, I was also drinking, and dancing. And there was food. And you were there, Donal was there, probably too.

Am I right? Tell me I'm right!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

The only thing I remember from formals is my feet. At one of them, I was wearing shoes that I had never worn before and that turned out to be Very Bad Shoes. I think I threw them away immediately afterward, or possibly during, that evening. There was also a formal where I somehow ended up outside, barefoot except my nylons, in downtown Ripon. I don't know if it was snowing, but that pavement was damn cold. I bet it was snowing. From this point forward, in my memory, it will be snowing.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Okay, this is two comments in like five minutes, but is there a photocopy machine in the Yule Ball photos? Did they have one in the lobby outside the ballroom? I seem to have that image fixed in my memory. Very festive!

12:09 AM  
Blogger L. said...

uhh...it didn't snow at the formal where i went with joe the english teacher. and that was the only spring formal that you & i went to together....so, no snow in april of 2002 :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger L. said...

wait, so i guess that would probably leave it to have snowed during spring formal 2000 and 2001. aha! my logic is impeccable - sometimes. i still could just be wrong. ;)

9:59 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home