dimanche, mai 22, 2005

It's Saturday night, which means that I'm sitting here, eating a salad, almost at the point where I should start getting ready for Eliana's party, and writing away. God, I hope I have something interesting to say...

It's hard to be in your last few weeks of what is really the end of school. When I finished up at Ripon, I knew that I'd probably be back in school soon. But now, well, I don't think I will. I've spent practically my whole life (cliche, I know) wrapped up in books (as Belle and Sebastian would say). So what's life after school like? Maybe I'll figure that out once I, you know, find a job. Oooh dear. But hey, I'm smart, I have many talents (some more usual than others) and if worst comes to worst, I have many ridiculous back-up plans. So I think I'll be just fine, thank you.

Yesterday started with me waking up to my alarm and wondering what the heck I was doing up so early in the morning. Oh yeah, having coffee with Eliana on campus at 8 in the morning. I'm always up at 8, just not dressed and somewhere else. I made sure to whine to Eliana about this (as well as the fact that it was pouring), but I did, after all, say that I would show up at that time, since scheduling any activity with someone else in grad school often involves sort of undesireable times. I then went to her class, having, as she put it "absolument pas de raison serieuse" (absolutely no serious reason) for being there. But it was fun, and nice to watch someone else teach. Oh my god, is it really all over in 3 weeks?

Do you know what the new colors on Quel est ton probleme? mean? That I acquired some knowledge of how to move le template around! Then Heather and I, over instant messanger, debated slight variations of colors for quite some time. It's still not done. Love it? Hate it? Want to throw it out the window?

Ok, la salade is finie, and I should really consider getting ready for this soiree. Should I even try straightening my hair if it looks like it's going ot keep raining? What?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

G,

I like the new colors. Very very nice. They'd make a nice scarf, I think. They only thing I'd change is the color of the text for the link to comments. It's hard to see agains the pale peach/pink background.

When you find out what life is like after school, will you let me know? It's a good five years off, since I'm in this for the long haul, but I'm still curious.

e

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

I like the new colors too, but I second the request to darken the link colors.

But I'm going to put a "real" comment on the newer entry.

2:29 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home