vendredi, juin 24, 2005

Space Needle... a sham?

Live from Seattle, it's me, your very favorite Gina Louise. You thought you were rid of me, now didn't you? Ha- I win!

I thought I'd take this time to answer a few questions that people (or myself) have had about Seattle. Because, well, after 24 hours in this city, yes, I am an expert.

Is the city really full of coffee shops?
Don't be silly! Of course it is. No really, it is. You can't walk a block without hitting at least one place to get your caffeine fix, and they come in all varieties. French, Italian, Internet, Cafe-cum-Gallery, Walk-up, Walk-in, Organic, Local, Chain, Multi-national conglomerate, you know, anything. As for those multi-nationals, yes Starbucks is everywhere. I have seen the original (down by Pike's Place Market), and probably 10-12 more. It's insane. The ratio of cafes to people here must be something like 5000000 to 1. Or you know, something close to that.

Do they really throw fish at the market?
Yes, and they chase people with huge eels too. This is not a lie. Would I lie to you, mes amis?

Is it always raining?
No. It's sunny and beautiful right now. Maybe Oregon could borrow some of this weather.

So, what have you really done?
I walked around a lot? I've also been to Pike's Place 3 times in 24 hours. That's impressive. Dad and I have been exploring, then he ditched me, saying something about a "conference" and "sessions." Hmmm. Sounds fishy. I bet he made those "conference" programs and brochures lying around the hotel room too. So I, well, shopped (but didn't buy anything except tea and lip balm!) and walked around some more. Oh, and we went to the library.

The library? Why did you go to the library?
Because it's new and shiny and pretty. And the escalators and elavators are neon yellow. It's an incredible modern and fresh library, and great to just walk around. There's also an entire floor that's dark red, and sort of creepy.

Does this "Space Needle" thing really exist?
No. I've become convinced that the entire Space Needle thing is a hoax, just like the moon landing. It's supposed to be huge, which means I should be able to see it easily. Can I? No. No clouds and still no Space Needle. Dad swears he's seen it, but he also believes in Bigfoot and aliens, so you can't really tell. I know it was in Frasier and everything, but it was probably computer-generated. Come to think of it, it was only in the credits and never actually shown. See- sham!

I've taken lots of pictures, but until I get my own computer hooked up, you'll all just have to wait with baited breath. Ooh look, a ferry!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Gina! I'm not sure how I've finally come across your blog, but now I have, and now I'll read it! yay! ahhh, Seattle. Loved it, coulda moved there, maybe still will some day or another. The Space Needle does exist - it's just out there a bit :P Go have breakfast in it. When I was there it really wasn't more than a usual breakfast, and you'd have to pay almost the same amount to just go up it. I know, it's not quite the Eiffel Tower, but it is relatively cool.

love and miss you!!

4:36 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home