mardi, juillet 19, 2005

A for Effort!

I've abandoned all of you since last Thursday! How could I? How could I be so cruel? Could it be the fact that I'm packing so that I can move? Maybe, just maybe...

Ok, so I've forgotten how much stuff I have. Books alone will take up a lot of room. Then there's the issue of the clothes and shoes. Ooooooh dear. But anyway, my mom is on her way up from Tucson. She should get here Wednesday, then we'll finish packing and clean and take off, hopefully Saturday. The trip back to Tucson will include a stop at the French consulate in LA to get my oh-so-necessary Visa and hopefully some time in San Diego (hooray!). It's strange to see the apartment with almost no furniture, but it really does make packing a lot easier. Right now it's hard to pack during the day, since it's been ridiculously hot here. And no, not nearly as hot as Tucson, but apartments here aren't really air conditioned, which makes the heat harder to take.

My final weekend in Eugene did not go as planned, but at least at this point in time, Monday night, I have read the new Harry Potter and seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved both, but I can't decide which I liked better. Ask me tomorrow? I did just see the movie this evening, as our original Friday night plan dissolved upon seeing the mass amounts of people at the movie theatre. Yeah, wasn't really in a crowd mood. By Saturday I had regretted my decision not to pre-order the book, as I wanted to read it RIGHT NOW and whined endlessly to anyone who would listen. I did find a copy on Sunday though, and read away happily until I finished it Sunday night. Me? a dork? Never. Never, I tell you! Saturday night was supposed to be a chance for me to see a bunch of friends, but I learned that not everyone really checks their email often over the summer. So my final night at Indigo included seeing an ex and his girlfriend, avoiding them like mad all night, most of the few friends that showed showing up with their significant others, and me not being at all happy to be there for at least an hour and a half. And no, don't even think about complaining to me that you can't be single because everyone else has someone and you can't bear to be around them when you bring your boyfriend to nearly everything we do. Because that? Makes me upset. But Lucia came and brought me Easy Cheese as a momento to take to France and Emily let me try and throw a tater tot into her mouth from the other end of the table. For the record, if you ask Emily if you can do this, she'll say no, because she said I was only allowed because I was leaving. For another record, I missed. But an A for effort. But then Sunday rolled around and I had lunch with Emily's lovely family, in town visiting. So that made things better.

To answer a few questions- yes, those are all in fact my finger puppets, Pony-on-the-FInger needed a break, and the castle is my finger puppet theatre. Yes, really. Hey, what else would you expect from me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I read the new Harry Potter in one day too. Because really, how could you not?

7:19 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home