samedi, juin 17, 2006

Food-related photos from Mike's visit









































A long time ago, (read- March) younger me, aka my little brother Mike, came to visit. The last time Mike was in France he was still a super-picky eater. (sorry Mike, but you know it's true) This time was different. The kid has developed into an incredible cook and an even better eater. You would not believe the types of things that he can crank out. I strive to be better than him, because I'm older, and that's just the way it should be. Anyway, our spring break adventures included lots of eating and drinking. Things you don't see include- the first raclette meal on my very own raclette maker. adventures with the cocotte minute, Mike drinking espresso, nights at Ninkasi (Alex got really confused while Mike and Niki and I sang the Voyage of the Mimi song) and the sugar cookie France and United States. What you do see is: Mike attempting to choose cookies in the humongous cookie aisle at Carrefour. There is an entire SECTION of butter cookies people. I'm not going to lie- we bought a shit ton of cookies and candy. Next, a spice stand at the Quai Saint Antoine market, one of my favorite markets in town. Finally, Mike in Place Bellecour with MY market basket after the trip that included the spice stand and the roasted chicken stand (it was incredible thankyouverymuch. Bird flu? We ain't afraid of no stinking bird flu). Randomly, Alex lives in the building that you see behind Mike.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my, those spices in those big bags, they look like something out of a movie. I'm so jealous!

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey GIna! just found your blog. How cool is this? Loved the photos. I'll keep watching for "moving" stories. Talked to your Mom last week. Congrats

8:21 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home