jeudi, août 26, 2004

cookies? where?

Summer term is half over! Today's lesson involved a discussion on "eclairage de la maison" which means the "lighting of the house" but which one group was convinced had something to do with lots of eclairs and someone's house. And one of my students told me that I should get married because you get lots of dishes, silverware and toasters. Hee. Hee. I love this class. And that's not even sarcastic, I really do love this class.

Ok, people who make commercials for the Olympics, stop making Gina cry! Admittedly, I do cry way too easily over commercials. All the time. There's one that's not even supposed to be a sad commercial, it's supposed to be happy, but they play "There's a place for us" and it suddenly makes me sad. So I have to immediately mute the tv or scream for someone else to do it lest I get all teary-eyed. This is, of course, a source of much amusement for friends, as they like to point out "This isn't even a sad commercial Gina!" Best commercial- the new french fries for Jack in the Box- French reporter man "Which is is Monsieur Box, oui or non? Oui? Non? Oui? Non?" M. Box " Ehhhh." Heehee. Obviously, this is a sign that I've been watching tv too much. Note to self- after Olympics watch much less tv. There, I feel better.

As she said in her blog- April! I just got in contact again with April, who I haven't seen in aaaaaages (and by ages, I mean since sophomore year of college). Happy. And she reminded me of art history, and I was already thinking about Chicago, so I remembered our very eventful "Survey of Western Art I" field trip to Chicago. Professor Kane convincing us that the caution tape was for other people, but not our class; our bus driver forgetting about traffic laws, etc etc. Ahhh, freshman year of college. But wait, Gina, focus! April! It's very strange timing, since another ex-Ripon-ite was just asking me about her, and I couldn't provide him with any information.

I've just realized that this post is lots of rambling. I'm really sorry about that and will try to make up for it in the future.

Parental invasion of Eugene in 10 days. Have I already started cleaning the apartment? Of course I have. Am I worried that they'll look in closets to see if I've just put things in there or under the bed? Of course I am.

And that, loyal readers, is the end of the post.