vendredi, août 13, 2004

Friday the 13th!

To start off, a question- does anyone know if the whole Friday the 13th=strange things, etc etc is just something that exists in the US? Are there similar things with other dates in other parts of the world? Just curious...

Things I'm excited about right now (in random order, not in order of importance or level of excitement-
*The Olympics start tonight! Yay! I've always loved the Opening Ceremonies (they're usually my favorite part of the whole shebang) and get to sit in front of the tv for several hours tonight to watch them.
*Meara and Megan and I saw the Princess Diaries 2 on opening day (wednesday). Yes, I know we're all big dorks. But we don't care. So there. It's a cute movie, what can I say?
*In other movie news, I finally saw Finding Nemo. It really was as good as everyone said it was. Apparently, I'm now supposed to watch it in French, because it's funny that way.
*My parents are coming! To visit! For my birthday! I'll get to show them where I live and all that good stuff. Plus, we'll go to Portland and maybe the coast.
*I don't have to get my bridesmaid dress for Heather's wedding adjusted- it fits!

This morning all the news channels were covering John Kerry's miniscule visit to Eugene. It was actually sort of an interesting set-up- he was speaking to a private group of about 50 neighbors, in a closed-off cul-de-sac. Bizarre, but it worked. Since it became clear that he would be the democratic candidate, I've known that I was going to vote for Kerry, even if just to get Bush out of office, but I feel now like I'm falling more and more in-step with his ideas. While he's obviously not perfect, I'm warming up to him.

I have many friends that are currently uber-stressed-out. They all have very good reasons to be so, but it's no fun to be stressed. In honor of them, here is my list (I know I know, no more lists already!) of Gina tested and approved ways to laugh and de-stress-
*Watch Drop Dead Gorgeous. No, really- watch it. Most smartest! If it doesn't make you laugh, at least it'll make me (or Claire) laugh.
*Read Bridget Jones's Diary. Again.
*Listen to "The Luckiest Boy on the Lower East Side" by the Magnetic Fields on the 1st volume of 69 Love Songs. My friend Erin once said "How can you not smile when you listen to this song?"
*Think about ridiculous things you've done in the past. Like the time Josh and I got into West Hall in the middle of the night and decorated our department's offices. No really, it's a true story.
*Go to this website, suggested by my cousin Myrna (2nd cousin?)- www.whitehousewest.com and watch the video with Will Ferell. Heeheehee.

So there. Laugh! Happy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

ILOVEDROPDEADGORGEOUS.

YayAllison.

And omg, Bridget. Luff.

12:30 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home