dimanche, septembre 26, 2004

Posting should be part of my homework so I'd do it more often...

Whoops. Bad posting, Gina. And school hasn't even started yet!
Yes, that's right- school hasn't started. However, we do finally start class way up here in Eugene on Monday. I have been re-oriented to teach 2nd year and was happy to discover that the book is much better, and more interesting. So maybe teaching 2nd year won't be as scary as I thought, and I won't have to make up as many activities. It also looks like I'll probably be taking an overload of classes again, but I think I can swing it (hopefully!) without constant stress. So yeah, yay school. Not really.

So Gina, you ask, what have you actually been doing? Why haven't you been able to post in forever? Well, loyal reader, not much. And because I'm lazy (and a bad blogging example). People started to come back into Eugene that I hadn't seen all summer (yay Steve!), I had orientation (yay! wait, no) and Meara and I went to Portland for a few days. Also, my friend Brad, who I know from Ripon, but who is from about an hour away, came to visit and to go to the sorta-Gina-and-Lakisha birthday party that was last weekend. So yes, there was also a party. Oh, and the Eugene Celebration parade- possible the coolest parade ever, very liberal and home-made. As you can see, there's been many random things exploding here and there, so I've consequently had a random few weeks. I'll be better, promise. I know I've promised this before, but this time it's for realz. Really. Cross my heart.

Let's see, other things. I was informed last night by my wonderful friend Kirsten that she's engaged. Congratulations Kirsten! If you haven't already read my email, sorry I was tired and poopy! Kirsten is the latest in a growing chain of high school and college friends of mine that are getting married and engaged. Scary, isn't it? Especially since Kirsten and I had plans to be the last ones left, and sit in the back of everyone else's weddings and heckle. I think I may be on my own on that one now. Enough with the weddings, people! Have some sort of other big news for a while, like "I found the cure for cancer!" or 'I just ran the Boston Marathon!" I am seriously thinking about just buying large stockpiles of wedding gifts so I don't have to continually go shopping for them. Eek. I'm tired of never being the one with big, good news, like "I'm moving to a new fun city!" or "I just got a great job!" Hmphh. The best I can do for anyone right now is "I'm teaching 2nd year French" and "I'm taking too many classes again" and "I'm the only one of my friends without a roomate except my fish!" Sorry guys. No excitement here.

Lalala, nothing left to say. Maybe something more exciting will happen once school starts again? Please? Maybe pictures of something will be posted as well?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

gina! I got into grad school! I'll be going for the dual degree program in metz, france, where if I take enough engineering classes in french then I'll get the french school's degree as well as the gt msme. (mechanical eng) so i'm going to be practicing my french on you! and you'll have to speak in french to me as much as possible (since my teacher mumbles and doesn't speak too often either). yayayayayyayay i'm so excited
-sandra

11:07 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home