vendredi, novembre 19, 2004

All schmaltz, all the time

Oh, the week is almost over. That means that it's almost the weekend! Which means, oh, lots and lots of work. But hopefully I'll be able to get enough done to not completely freak out at the end (notice I said "completely." I will definately freak out, it's just a matter of how much). I finished the book for today (I told you I would Lauren, however, I did also fall asleep on the couch twice before this happened) and a pseudo-outline for my surrealism paper. Pseudo, because I've only read the main texts so far, and not the secondaries. But that'll come- this weekend? Had a nice time before class with Emily- we both bitched about how much work there is and how little time. Next term will be better. Next term will be better. Next term will be better. Speaking of next term, my class (202) is already full. It was the first one to do so. Either people like me, or they hate me and are gluttons for punishment. I'm going to hope it's the first of the two.

Yesterday, I did not post. But it's only one day, and I've been pretty good about this lately.

This has been the week of phone calls. That sounded stupid, I'll try again. This has been the week of talking on the phone a lot with people I like to talk to. It's helped a lot, to get the stress out and everything. And just to talk. Not in French, you know. It's hard where there are places that you want to be, but can't be because you already have commitments to finish out. I have to keep telling myself that I wanted to do this degree, and that I really do enjoy it, and that there will be other jobs when I'm done. And that I'll be qualified for these jobs. Because I am a smart person. And I have good schmoozing skills (not schmaltz Jenny, schmooze. But all schmaltz, all the time).

I really don't think I have much more to say right now. If I think of anything, I'll add it. No wait, I won't, since I'm going to bed. If I think of anything, I might remember to post it tomorrow. That's more realistic, isn't it now?