lundi, avril 18, 2005

Life, what life?

I promise a real, full-length post tomorrow. But Gina, you ask in unison, why haven't you posted since last Wednesday? You have no life- usually you post a lot around the weekends! A-ha, that is where I trick you, loyal 2 or 3 readers- this weekend I had a life! And it was exciting. And mass quantities of food were consumed, including fondue. And cocktails were ordered, and duly consumed (one of which involved melon-balls that were closet alcoholics). But all of that, mes amis, will have to wait until tomorrow, because I am tired and need to sleep before this week of work and meetings. Exams are three weeks from tomorrow!

I usually hate doing les "shout-outs" on this, as sometimes it makes me feel mundane (April can do them really well, in her typical classy manner, but mine just feel clunky), but there are some times when you have to. Congratulations to my Lauren (one of my two splendid little sisters from la Delta Psi) and my Emilee, on finishing their senior sem papers back at the old home fort of Ripon. It's a huge haul to get those things out, so they deserve hugs and/or cupcakes. Lauren's probably going to get another pseudo-shout-out when she does her recital next week, so I'll hold more of the glory until then. Emilee also somehow managed to get through one-acts and German theatre this weekend, meaning that she always takes on tons of work, meaning that she's a German major after my own heart. So, love to both, and when are you coming to visit?

Tomorrow morning- the MA exams official studying begins. Tomorrow's topic- Lyric Poetry of the Middle Ages (meaning les troubadours, les trouveres, les trobairitz, etc- kudos to anyone who can tell me the difference without googling it).