jeudi, avril 14, 2005

Muffins and more exams

It is Wednesday night! I don't have class tomorrow! (well, ok, no real class, but I'm meeting with a student, cause I'm nice like that, and readingreadingreading, as I tend to do.)

Some things (which I will forget otherwise, and am thus putting in nicely bulleted form)
  • I scheduled my exams today! Mark your calenders, I know I'm marking mine- May 9th and 10th from 9am to 1pm. After meeting with my most-wonderful advisor I decided to just do them the earliest possible and get them done. This is in a tiny bit less than a month. I will be ready!
  • My advisor also told me that I've come a long way since I started grad school. This made me happy.
  • The photocopier-related celebratory day referenced many posts ago was, in fact, West Hall Photocopier Appreciation Day. I have pictures to prove it and everything. Josh and I thought this was a really good idea, thought up while we were tired. Then Josh made it a reality. It was fun. At least, for us. It was funny for other people. The English department thought we were crazy. But you know, that may have come before our decorating of the copy room with streamers and signs and garlands.
  • Last night I made gingerbread muffins with lemon glaze. After they were done I realized that I had tons of food and had to eat it all myself, since there is no one else here. I cried. Then I took some to school and gave them to my friends and felt better. They're really good muffins though.
  • I'm almost done with the new reading on my reading list! I'll have some re-reading (meaning skimming) to do, but nothing that's a problem. This is exciting.
  • Gina to Eliana about our weekends: "You met a cute guy and I made a casserole? How is this fair?"
  • "Can I cash in some of my karma now, please?"
  • Our new t-shirts- "PhD is not for me"
  • When you tell your teacher that you're sick and then run into her RIGHT AFTER CLASS she's not going to believe you anymore.

That is all.