mercredi, avril 20, 2005

The Roaming Gnome, Denouncer of MA Exam myths

So that whole posting yesterday thing? Didn't really happen. I was overtaken by work, and nearly eaten alive by French 203 exams. Seriously, mes amis, I thought they were going to get me, with that passive voice and all.

Hmm, this weekend. Was wonderful? Friday Margaret and I stuffed ourselves with food (candy? of course we need candy! Gelatto? That too!) and watched How to Marry a Millionaire (lent to me by a student), which is hilarious, and which all of you should see. Saturday, Saturday, Saturday- studystudystudy date with Emily and Charlie (says Charlie "I like that you came over to hang out and we all read quietly for 2 hours. We're such geeks"), more reading, fun night of cocktails and such (me to Margaret- "oh no, we're wearing practically the same outfit. This is just great."). If you put a melon ball in vodka, the vodka will replace all the water, and thus eating the melon ball will become the same as taking a shot. (that's all the science you'll ever hear from me, and it wasn't a lot or necessarily scientific). Sunday, still going (really? still going? on Sunday?)- correcting, correcting, fondue party!, correcting. Yes, fondue party. Am I a French student or am I a French student? Wow, yum, yes. Good people, good fun, good music. Why weren't all of you there?

So far this week- workworkwork. We're teaching art and pronouns in class for the next two weeks-ish (what a lovely combination). I'm throwing in some music things (Impressionism! Ravel! Debussy!) and hopefully, finally, a class field trip, all the way to the art museum (which is 5 whole minutes from the classroom). I didn't sleep enough last night, and had lots of coffee this morning, which resulted in a completely spazzed-out Gina and a morning that involved balancing yet another book on my head, ending a conversation by literally running into a building (not like smack! but rather into the door- and I didn't mean to end it this way- it was caused by the caffeine I tell you, the caffeine), almost jumping up and down in front of my class, and the phrases "C'est le Amazing Race, et non pas le Amazing Classe de Francais!" (yeah, today's "Roadblock" in Gina and Eliana run the Amazing Race was, in fact, the activity that the class was about to do- talk about a tie-in!)

Emily and I are both starting to freak out about exams. Wecandoitwecandoitwecandoit... I know that we'll both be ok, since we've been working for a while, but it's still scary and something that's looming ahead in the near future. You'll watch me spaz out more and more as we get nearer to that time, I guarantee. Met with the professor who's going to be my MA Essay Director here, and he really likes what I've written. So.that.is.good.and.made.me.feel.a.lot.better.
Ooooooooh- so little time left. So little time. Can I have a hug?

Speaking of exam stress and books, Lauren and Emilee did a photo essay of their sem books, in honor of me. I laughed tres hard when I saw this, mes amis. It's hilarious,with a capital Q. I'll try and get some of the pictures on here tomorrow, because you all need to see them. I can just tell you that it involves pyramids bigger than mine, and even more books on heads. I take this as a challenge to create bigger and better art next time.

But until next time, I better get some sleep. Otherwise we could have a repeat of this morning, and that's not good for business (that's not going to be good for anyone).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

As requested:

(((HUG!!!)))

And now you owe me one.

11:04 PM  
Blogger L. said...

I finally got my pictures to post! So now I have said montage on my blog too! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It only took Hello a day to decide to post my pictures (well, that and I uninstalled it and formed a new username, then it worked like a charm!)...yeehaw! I balanced lots of heavy books on my head, just for my favoritest big sister :)

8:44 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home