samedi, août 28, 2004

happy? sad? confused?

I cannot stress enough how imperative it is that everyone go out and see Garden State. Right now. Really. Then go again. And buy the soundtrack, while you're at it. I rarely see movies that can inspire this much emotion. And I'm not talking about the emotion that everyone should see it. Simply the emotion it stirred up in me. I felt all confused, but then everything started to sort itself out. It brings up so many different feelings, but it actually deals with all of them and doesn't just leave them hanging, like so many other movies do. I'm no movie critic. But I do see a lot of, well, crap, and I can sort out things that stand above. This most definately does. It now is with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as Best Movies I've Seen this year (and quite possibly in a long time). The soundtrack is also, as previously mentioned, incredible. I was almost nervous about buying it, since so many people like it, and I don't usually like music that lots of other people do. This is definately an exception. Sigh. It's a nice album to wrap yourself up in.

I'm going to see the Bourne Supremacy (yes, again) tonight, but I'm worried that it'll be a let-down after yesterday's wonderful showing. Good movie, though. Happy to see it again.

Today two of my students told me that I was a really fun teacher, but also really strict. It was one of the nicest things any of my students have ever said. I'm glad they don't think I take crap from them. Someone once told me that they thought I'd be a push-over as a teacher, and if there was one thing I didn't want to be, it was that. So there.

Coolest thing about Heather's wedding (besides figuring out that planning a wedding is like planning a really really big, really really important formal)- we've gotten close again, which is really really (heehee) nice. It's good to be able to randomly call each other again and rant about various things (both important (her) and random (me)). Plus, she doesn't mind when I get distracted by shiny things, cookies or a glitch in my lesson plan. Yay Heather!

Don't watch the synchronized swimming on the Olympics. It's sort of frightening.

Please, someone, comment! People comment on other people's blogs, but not mine (which probably just means that no one reads it, which is another problem all together). Maybe people don't comment because I don't really have anything interesting to say, and end posts randomly with no warning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

is there a seating chart i could do for heather's wedding? because you know how much i like that. *grins* -claire

6:43 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home