mercredi, avril 27, 2005

giving new meaning to "hitting the books"

Why can't I get the SpiderMan song out of my head? Why? Why? Wait, I'm going to put on some music and try to make it go away-ok, thank you Beach Boys (Caroline No- did you know that there's a Beach Boys cover album called Caroline Now? I did). Now that that's taken care of, all I really have to say is that in the past week I have seriously considered just hitting my head against a desk many times. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it's that time. In TWO WEEKS MY EXAMS WILL BE OVER!!!!!! OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I alternate between completely losing it and thinking that I know enough. The build-up is what's hard, the taking of the exams themselves isn't supposed to be that bad. Then there's the MA essay, but the professor I'm working with here seems to like it and hasn't said anything to the effect of "Gina, this sucks" or "Gina, do you realize that your conclusion makes no sense and that the end of this paper basically falls apart?" So that's really good. Keep in mind that I wrote this original essay during the crazy week of paper writing that was the end of Fall term- three papers, 45 pages, one week. This one was last. Whoopsie. But it's all good now! Now! Now! THEN IT WILL BE OVER! I WILL BE A MASTER!!!!!!! of something. Maybe cupcakes. Please don't ask what I'm doing after I finish school- I have no job, no idea where I'm going, etc etc. I do have a bridesmaid dress for a wedding in September that looks like something I would've worn when I was 18, so there's that (I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I would've picked it out at an earlier age). If you have a job that you'd like to give to me, please let me know. Also, if you are going to be in the Eugene area on May 10th or 11th, get in touch with me for details on the exam-finishing celebration (I'm done on the 9th, but my wonder twin Emily doesn't finish until the next day. I'll just have to celebrate twice- and no, they won't let us take the exams together as one brain, sadly). Or If you're going to be here June 11th and want to come to graduation.

This is it guys. Am I scared? Shitless. Will I finish it all? Yes. How? lots of coffee and books and hopefully not as much crying as there was this weekend. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- here we go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I have a job I would like to give you!

You can write my honors thesis for me. If you finish by mid-November and the department likes it, I will give you ten dollars AND a turkey sandwich. That's about all I can afford right now.

You might want to look for something else, though, just in case.

Seriously, dear, you're going to be fine on the exams. Brilliant even. I can tell by everything you've said about school so far. It will be hard, but you'll get through it, and then we'll all have to call you Master Gina for the rest of your life, and it will be worth it.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes G, I had two martinis in my hand, but it was happy hour, and it was totally busy, so I figured why not start out on the right foot? I know you'd agree and do the same thing. You're welcome to come out with me anytime, and I'll show you what it's like to party in Philly. It's sort of like partying in my dorm in Johnson, only bigger and with more people I don't know.
Love!

3:53 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home