mercredi, avril 06, 2005

No, I don't know all of you

Oh, I am tired. But it's a good tired, since I did large quantities of work today. Studying with Emily in the mornings has been great, since it tends to give me more time in the evening, and I don't feel bad or that I've accomplished nothing if I don't work for hours on end. Read read read. So much reading. Also had a meeting with one of the members of my exam committee, and she told me that I'm completely on track, which is a nice feeling. It was her office hours, and there was a line outside, but I got to jump the undergrad line, since i had made an appointment! Ha! Take that, non-appointment people!

I just spent a long time making activities for class tomorrow. See, they installed a data projector in the classroom where I teach (which is small and small and small), and the cords to hook everything up appear to be there now, so tomorrow I will attempt to hook my laptop up and make my class tres techno-ish (that's technology, not the music). I'm backing tomorrow's class up with overheads, just in case, but I really want these powerpoints to work. The class has taken to the "Gina and Eliana run the Amazing Race" theme, and so tomorrow we're actually "leaving" and doing our first "detour." Ha. I also convinced (well, not really convinced, since she said yes right away even though I thought she'd say no) Eliana to set up a bunch of pictures with me where we'll run around in backpacks (and heels, because it's us, and let's face it, if we really were on the Amazing Race, we'd wear heels) and do other Amazing Race-ish things. I am a really big geek, aren't I? But it makes class more fun, really it does! Any ideas for these pictures would be greatly appreciated, because I'm going to have to use them aaaaall quarter long.

I don't want this entry to be boring! Help! Sorry! Can anyone make this blog prettier? The orange is starting to go to my head!

Today I spent a bit of time with Justin (after I ran into him by Friendly Hall), during which I ran into about 10-15 people that I knew. He thought that this meant that I know everyone, and I was trying to explain that I do not, in fact, know that many people, and promptly ran into 3 more people I knew. So, that went well. But really, I didn't think I knew that many people- it's all those students! Also, I made him go look at graduation (ah! ah! ah!) things with me, to figure out what in the heck Masters regalia is anyway. Turns out it's a better gown (they trump us- I can't wear my undergrad gown), a special hood (though not like the PhD hood) and sash. Everything is white for French, since we're in Arts and Sciences. Mes amis, it looks like this is really going to happen. I can't really believe it. Oh wow, I'm more tired than I thought, so I'm going to get some sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I haven't posted something on your site in a while... that's not good.

Ok, I have news. Big decisions to make. But no telling anyone, I'm serious. NO ONE!

I got accepted to SFSU, the German program and they want me to apply for a teaching associate position. Super great, right?

But YFU Norway told me I could extend my visa if I wanted to and stay here until Christmas. Me, thinking I wasn't going to get into SFSU because of my grades, said that I'd love to.

Of course, now I've told everyone here about SFSU and they're not holding me to anything I said yesterday. And I asked SFSU what the process was of starting in January, prefacing that question with the fact that my internship doesn't end until after the fall semester begins.

How did I get here? Two great opportunities and a very big decision....

And of course I'm so inspired by all your wonderful posts on ninjas, puppets and the students who impress you everday. So, I'd love to be doing that at SFSU.

But I'd also love to work with YFU and staying in Norway for the fall would be a great way to learn more and continue to live in Europe - I think you'd agree that living in Europe is a cool factor in this decision?

Argh! Help me, G!

12:28 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home