dimanche, juillet 02, 2006

Gallery of moving...







I thought you might want to see some pictures of the moving-in process here at 51 bis rue Saint Michel. I took these when all of my stuff (well, except for a few last things) had been moved, but hardly anything had been unpacked. Scary, isn't it? So from the top...
*The kitchen. Ok, so the stuff that wasn't here yet was kitchen stuff, and this is not the scariest point in the kitchen moving process. That came a little later when I realized just how many spices I had.
*One of the only sane parts, in my room. The fireplace mantle (it doesn't work) and my bedside table, actually a tv stand. I built the table, as well as the book-case you'll see below (and I discovered that carrying 20 kilos of stuff back from IKEA by myself on public transportation is HARD). I put up a bunch of pictures pretty quickly so it would start to feel like home. And because I'm a sappy dork and a shit-ton of them are of me and Alex. Sorry. And those huge doors? Are my closet.
*Hall, with boxes. And IKEA bags!
*Part of desk and bookcase. Hey, at least the books are mostly unpacked. But still not that organized, sadly. The order in which I did things was honestly pretty amusing.
*View into the hallway from my room. You can see the paint job, which was redone when Julie's parents bought the place- my room is two shades of green with ecru curtains that are the same color as my bedspread, quite randomly. The decorating that I've done (on frames, etc) is mostly those colors with some pink and purple accents, which sounds so middle-school-in-the-80s, but actually looks very nice.
*My bed with random shit all over it. It's so big that it was hard to resist the temptation to just THROW everything on it and then sit in a corner and cry. But the light crown was hanging, so all was well in the world.

But no fear, mes amis- the apartment no longer looks like this and is in fact quite lovely now. Well, Julie's part always was, now my part has caught up. There's still nothing on my walls though, which is dissapointing. Ideas?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

g, I'm looking at flights from Thursday, July 27 - Monday, July 31. Let me know if these are feasible before I buy the tix. :)
love ya! p.s. if g says yes, that's when all the rest of you can join us. hehe. :)

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Speaking of when you're gonna be home...can you MySpace email me your Arizona snail mail addy? I have something to mail you, but would probably be easier (i.e. cheaper) for me to send it to ya while your in the states...It's something I found that I saw and thought, "If that doesn't smack of G!"

Emily

2:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

And now FRANCE is in the finals!! I would be super excited happy elated if they were playing Germany, but now I'm routing for the frogs! Italy sucks!! Mostly because they beat Germany... :) :)

3:27 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

After photos, c'est vous plait. And as for art, I'm a fan of black and white photos of things you love. And pretty pieces of fabric. Ooh, and masks. You need an African mask.

11:54 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home