dimanche, août 29, 2004

Aha! I have come to the conclusion that if I were to end up having my own Medieval Cooking Show, as my Dad thinks I will, I would be able to make something besides chocolate chip cookies (and Claire's guest-spot on deviled eggs, what would those monks think?) Yes, loyal readers, I have begun to master the grill pan. Truth be told, it's not that complicated, but it's also me. I had a dream that someone got me both a food processor and a pink standing mixer. Where would I put a standing mixer? I mean, pink is nice, but really. But perhaps room could be made for cool things like that. More importantly, why did I have a dream about kitchen appliances?

We only have one week of summer session left, after which there's a 3-week break before fall term starts (that includes the one week we're in "orientation" which is sort of not-as-big-a-deal for 2nd years). During said break, I really will be working on my masters essay. Really. Because, well, it needs to get written. It's not like I'm writing on something I don't enjoy- I love Jacques Roubaud. It's just been a hard road since there isn't much out there yet on "Le Chevalier Silence," the book I'm writing on. But Jacques Roubaud is an incredible author- check him out. If you speak French.

Oh, Eliana's here. I'm leaving!