samedi, décembre 18, 2004

Back again...

Look! it's me! I'm back and very much not dead. And this time I even have an excuse. It was the end of the quarter, see, and there was stuff to do. Lots of grading and testing and giving grades (which took longer than I expected and, why, oh why, can my students only correctly differentiate between the passe compose and the plus-que-parfait and not the passe compose and imparfait? It's a mystery to me). Then there was my presentation for Gina. And the students' oral presenations (hilarious and way beyond my expectations- apparently they're all going to the zoo and to see Napoleon Dynaminte). Then, finals week. Aka Gina-loses-it-while-writing-3-papers-week. After all was said and done, 45 pages had come out. Forty-five pages. It took a while. To say the least. And Manon Lescaut, you and I are really through. It's over between you and me. You caused me a lot of pain, and I just don't think I can deal with it again. So this is goodbye. Forever.
So, you know, some other stuff happened. And I finished. And I came home. Then went to San Diego with Mom. Just got back. There was no one in the city! It was wonderful! (Note- this does not mean that all of you should start going to San Diego in December, because then there would be people there. Of course, I think about 2 of you read this, and I think I could deal with 2 more people). Zoo! Zoo! Zoo! Koalas! Awake! It was exciting for me. Tomorrow, breakfast with my bestest friend Sarah, maybe baking, getting ready for the impending arrival of younger brother, and finally finishing unpacking everything else and laundry. More on everything later, promise. Lots has happened. I feel better. A lot better. Sigh, happy.