lundi, janvier 31, 2005

Celtic rap meets Star Academy

I just spent hours working on this week's lessons for my class. We're doing an entire week of songs, and since I didn't want to use the songs provided by our supervisor, I basically had to start from scratch- find themes for each day, find songs, make activities, put together cds, get the class the info and lyrics, etc. I am really excited about teaching it- especially Tuesday, when I'll do "L'avenir est un long passe" by Manau, which Professor Poncelet taught one of my classes when I was an undergrad. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call full circle. But yeah, I put a lot of work into this (and still will do more)- if the class doesn't like it or if it doesn't go over well I'll cry. I'm good at crying, as was proven this weekend. I repeat- this weekend next year, I'm not getting out of bed, taking any calls, or talking to anyone.

Pieces of April has been taken away from me. There are several reasons for this 1- it has to go back to its home at Blockbuster. 2- When it arrives back at its home, other people can enjoy it. 3- It had to be taken away as part of an intervention program to prevent me from becoming even more addicted to it. Even so, this is a sad development. I watched it maaaaany times (exact number not to be disclosed here) over a short period of time and it was decided by people more separated from the issue than me that I should maybe not watch it again for a while, so as to have time to do other things. I miss it already.

My light pink fishnets (not scary-looking, really, quite cute actually) have been missing for some time now. Today I remedied this problem in typical Gina fashion by buying different pink tights and the same fishnets in light purple. Have to be set for spring. I'm really not all that crazy, promise.

April gets to do a project on children's books. This sounds really cool. I'm wondering if she'd like to trade projects with me, and maybe write a paper on some topic relating to collecting in 19th century French lit instead? April?

I'm going to try to get some sleep, but if anyone's interested I can tell you which songs I ended up choosing for class (sorry Lauren and Jenny, the oboist version of "sur le pont" didn't make the final cut). There are the main songs, then all the peripheral songs I'll play a few of each day- all in all, it's 2 cds worth (or more).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

On a totally unrelated note though about music regardless. You'll be so proud (I hope).... I picked up an ace of base cd at bookmans. A few days ago I just decided I really wanted one. And good job on the fishnets - how can you really go wrong?
~Heather

6:11 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home