dimanche, décembre 19, 2004

Cake or death?

Happy December 19th everyone! What's so special about December 19, you ask? Well, not really anything. Except that I'm posting again. So that makes it a red-letter-banner day. Huzzah!
Still in Tucson (where else would I be?). Younger brother Mike came home yesterday, so now we're all here. We celebrated with Thai food and Eddie Izzard, tres Compitello-style. Cake or death? Cake, please. Oh, we're going to need more cake!
Got my grades. Did well. I said earlier that if I could get through this quarter with decent grades and in one piece, I could do just about anything. So maybe that's true. It was hard, wasn't it? Very glad it's over, never taking 3 classes again. But enjoyed said classes, so I guess, all in all, it was worth it. There were so many times I came within 2 inches of completely losing it (you remember those times, loyal readers, don't you?) but hey, it wouldn't be grad school without near collapse, would it?
San Diego was great. Lots of sun. And no people! How exciting for us. I did come near to eating myself into oblivion with all the good food, but managed to walk it off. Mom and her famous "it's just around the block!" ideas. Yeah, around the biggest block in the world. The Vespa store is still great. And the vintage stores, except everyone from the vintage era seems to have been just a few inches smaller than me. The dresses would be great if I didn't feel the need to breathe. Which I do. So it didn't so much work out.
So Mom told me before I got back that she had bought a small tree because she found some ornaments that reminded her of of me, and she needed a smaller tree for them. What could these ornaments be, you ask? Well, that's a good question. With a funny answer. An Eiffel Tower, a star, disco balls, and a martini glass. Seriously, how much better could you describe me? I think she did a pretty good job. I've been reduced down to those icons. But it is pretty funny. And true. It's funny cause it's true.
I don't want to write anymore right now. Maybe I'll put some San Diego pictures up. Hmmm. Bye!

1 Comments:

Blogger ET said...

Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!

3:11 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home