vendredi, janvier 28, 2005

Ta-da!

Live from Gina's apartment, it's Thursday night. Thursday means that I only had class from 4-7, but sat through a 3-hour 19th century class (you all know how I feel about the 19th century) that included 5, count them 5, presentations. Wow.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- I have finished les leg-warmers. For those of you who have been anxiously awaiting the end-point of this project, the day has come. I've been knitting them foooooorever (at least a few months, on and off between other things, like Mike's scarf) and for a while I thought they'd never get done. But, that was not so, as this morning I cast off the second one. This is a big deal for me, since I knit them on double-pointed needles and they came out looking almost like the pattern picture. This is the pattern I had with a picture of what they're supposed to look like- http://knitting.about.com/library/bllegwarmers.htm I'm going to post a picture of mine (which will, of course, appear above this post- because that makes sense). I never thought I'd actually wear them out of the house, but I was so darn proud that I planned an entire outfit around them. Including blue tights (note- Ha! to everyone who said I'd never wear bright blue tights) Boy, I'm sad. But proud!

I also finally got around to hanging my calenders. Both downstairs, within 12 feet of each other. Way to go Gina. The best part is that I decided to do this at 11pm today, and the task involved hammering. Neighbors must love me. Wacked-out music, random talking-to-self, and now late-night hammering.

I tried once before to make this a reader-participation blog, but that didn't work out so well. I'll give you one more chance, people (April calls everyone croutons, why can't I be clever enough to come up with something like that?). I have no clue who reads this thing. So, if you do, leave a comment? That way I can tailor the blog to better suit the reading audience. For example, if I found out that everyone who read the blog was from Quebec, I would start writing in French. Or if you all had a pronounced interest in geology, I would write about rocks. Or just tell you that since it's my blog, it's my interests that count. Ha. Ok, that wasn't so nice. And that won't make people comment. Sigh. And one more requirement- when you leave your comment, suggest a song I can use to teach my class next week. Note- said song must be in French as I teach French and not English or math or something. I'm leaning towards Manau, Francoise Hardy, Charles Aznavour, etc. If you don't know any French artists you could make one up. That would make me laugh.

Now I must go to sleep, or I will be tired tomorrow and not able to set the ninjas upon my students who have not done their homework.

9 Comments:

Blogger L. said...

dare i ask where you are planning on getting ninjas???
ooh, i'm the only person that reads this! well, probably not. but you can cater postings to me! yay!
ninjas...only you gina, only you. :)
--lauren

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

G! I'm so impressed with your leg warmers. Your knitting is excellent! I'll take a little credit for that, not your skills, but the inspiration to create hand made goodies!

Love,
e

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

I read this thing--but you knew that. If you write in French, I'll still read it, but I won't understand it anymore, so I'll just have to make up my own stories about the Adventures of Gina. Crazy rumors can get started that way, my dear, so you should stick with the English.

Love the legwarmers!
-April

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Legwarmers? What is this, the 1980's? Oh gina.... :) Yes, I read this (sometimes), and I think you should teach your class sur le pont because it is the most awesome song in the world. Of course, I couldn't teach it...they'd all be singing do do do do :) - Jenny

10:37 PM  
Blogger L. said...

you SO should teach your class sur le pont! and you should teach them 'doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo' as well! that would be awesome. hehehehe.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey, I actually have some French music for you! Unfortunately, you probably know about them. How about anything off of Air's "Premiers Symptomes?" or "Virgin Suicides?" You might not have a lot of lyrics, but, hey, some of the titles are in French. Oh, and for outside of the class, how about their once touring back up band Phoenix? Their songs aren't in French, but their sound is...
Oh, and I have a new blog...just in case you want some other music suggestions...

http://nerdpunksguitars.blogspot.com

--Emily B.
P.S. Love the leg warmers...and H&M...all you need is some "Flashdance" and you're set...

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

sorry, it should be

http://nerdspunksguitars.blogspot.com

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Adding my comment to the growing list. As for a french song, how about that one by that dude (pierre possibly?) And it had words with funny accents and extra letters that just appear for fun to hang out with the rest of the word (jk). Hmm not so helpful. Very awesome job on the legwarmers!! You can write in french so long as you give us a translation, because otherwise you might get comments back in other languages that have nothing to do with what you posted, though it would be funny if they did.
~Heather

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »

6:41 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home