dimanche, janvier 30, 2005

a post not in French

Many comments = happy Gina! Sadly, not all of you are from Quebec, so the blog will stay in English. Or Old French. You know, whichever. Speaking of Old French, I got through about 30 lines today in "Bisclavret" a lot faster than I did last weekend. Could it be that it is becoming easier? I can recognize tenses and all of the weird sentence constructions and implied subjects and everything. Wow, I'm a geek. But back to the commenting thing- keep it up people! It makes my life more interesting.

I have discovered that these leg warmers are great for doing exactly what their name says they should do- warming my legs. Yes, this should've been something I knew before making them, but hey- they looked cool. And since they're ginourmous they keep part of my feet warm too! Yay warm feet! And e deserves a lot more credit than she takes for these- her many patient hours with Beginning-knitting-Gina (now with purling action!) is what led to this. E, when are you coming to Oregon? How about tomorrow? I'm free in the late-afternoon/early evening hours.

Today's unsolved mystery- Loup Garou song, real or fake-french-song? I'm going to get to the bottom to this if I have to call everyone I've ever met that speaks French. People to cross of the list already- Mom, Jenny. That's it. Darn. There's still a lot of people left after that. Like, millions. Ok, not millions. But definately more than ten. And that's a lot of calling for me.

Dear friends in Chicago- would any of you like to give me a job? Preferably in the arts, since that's what I actually want to do. My god, I'm random today. It's ok though, I deserve to be random today.

I just made a lot of Belle and Sebastian cds, but now I'm listening to Dubstar. Anyone who has never heard Dubstar should. I have the Euro version of "Disgraceful" in right now, but their others are just as quality. Sarah and I listened to "Goodbye" while driving around Tucson all day when I was back in December. Dubstar makes for good driving music. But not just that. It really is beautiful.

I'm thinking that I may go watch "Pieces of April" once more before it has to go back. It's only a little over an hour, so it's not like I'll be up all night. I don't know why I feel the need to justify my choice to watch a movie tonight, but I did. Soooooo there. Because of said choice, however, I'm not going to write anymore. Ha! Couch, here I come.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey, guess what--my reading for my film seminar this week was in Old French. Or at least I thought it was. It turned out it was in English and I was just way too tired for complicated theories about literary criticism.
Arguments about interpretive communities give me a headache,
April
(who has not yet watched "Pieces of April", but I will soon, honest)

3:46 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home