mardi, février 15, 2005

But where would this "dream house" be?

I'm going to be the coolest doll ever! But how am I going to carry all this stuff? In a cool purse? Or maybe just put it in the Heather-suggested house. These ideas, I like. If only real life were like this. It would be so much simpler!

I have a secret that I'd like to share with the group- I sort of like "A rebours," the latest addition to my list of "19th century books I've read." This is not supposed to happen! I should be saying things like "Hi, my name is Gina and I'm a 19th century hater." Bah! What is happening? The book I'm writing on, that's different, because it's sort of a one-off (and really cool, except for the tearing off of fingernails from dead people and all). But this book? By Huysmans? Nooooooo. Noooooo. This is bad, people. I just need to remember how much I dislike Balzac. And the new book, "L'oeuvre" by Zola? Nope. blegh. I actually wrote at the top of the page "Realisme, tais-toi," which literally means "Realism, shut up." That pretty much sums up how I feel about that. Note to people who may like the 19th century- the views expressed on this, um, thing, are the opinion solely of one crazy, overworked, and slightly deranged grad student. They are to be taken with perhaps two grains of salt. Or three.

I had a great coffee-break with Steve today (on the subject of coffee, the impossible has happened- there is NO COFFEE IN MY HOUSE! This is a problem people, and a big one at that. Help! Ok, end digression here). We got to talk about our papers for the aforementioned 19th century class, and I realised that a lot of the words spouting out from my mouth made sense. I think this was the goal for grad school. I can come up with decent ideas and have intelligent discussions about them. That's not to say that I don't have bad ideas (because seriously, I could be in a book called "Bad ideas and the people who have them"), but occasionally something comprehensible comes out of me. And that's always good. But anyways, comme je disais, we talked about term papers (eep! week 7!) and then about other stuff. I try to keep really personal stuff out of this blog-thingie, because I'm not sure if anyone would want to read them, or if I'd want anyone to read them. But I have to say this- I mentioned a piece of advice that Toni (love!) gave me, which is that to get to the right person you have to go through a lot of people, including some that you think are the right one. This helps put a lot of things in perspective for me, and it helps to think about that when I get sad about certain things. This is now the end of the overtly personal part of le blog.

Now, everyone go listen to some Belle and Sebastian.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I've been wondering...Who is this Steve character?

Remember when you brought Steve what's his name to formal. Man, that guy was wasted!

This Steve isn't wasted, is he?

e

4:24 AM  
Blogger L. said...

haha, poor gina and her wasted formal date! :) but amusing for the rest of us!!
anywho, how is it that you have NO coffee in your apartment??? c'mon Gina, you're slacking!!
And Sherri gave me a plausible explanation of why oboists use cigarette paper, but I can't remember it (it was too scientific??) so you should probably email her and ask her, she said she hadn't heard from you in a while anyway!!! hehehehe.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
lottery patents blood pressure cuff fire alarm caged light fiat tipo deluxe scrabble send flowers online voip services murad skin care auto floor mats jeep

1:45 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home