lundi, février 14, 2005

take that!

Oh my god, it's been a week and a half. Umm, sorry? There were Amazing Race finales (meh) and song-teaching (at least they thought the dancing around was funny) and grading,grading,grading (let's not even talk about that) and research on decadence (NOT the same as in English, folks) and fetishism and feminism (and all for the same paper, hmm, interesting). Not an excuse, just the truth. Nothing but the truth, people.

Random note- a few weeks ago Steve and I were talking about what accessories we would come with if we were dolls (I know it's a strange conversation to have, but that's totally not the point here). We decided that we'd both definitely have coffee (sadly, probably from Starbucks) and cell phones, and then I might have my pink iPod. So this is it, the next big attempt at a poll- if Gina were a doll, what would her accessories be, and what would she be called? As for clothes, that's anyone's call. After my grave errors against fashion on Friday (this is why I need a roomate- to censor my random fashion impluses! No Gina- don't wear a dress that's shorter than your coat! Just because it was your favorite outfit your sophomore year of college doesn't mean it is anymore!), I'd just hope it'd be tasteful. And pink? Black?

Speaking of that pink iPod, I loaded a bunch of my older music onto it, which makes for some great walking-to-school-music. Anyone who knew me high school to mid college, you know what I mean. The Euro-pop-princess in me returns. And really, who wouldn't be happy arriving on campus while listening to "Beethoven I love you" by the World's Best Kitchen Knives (music theory 2 people- this was "techno theory" music). Sometimes I still feel like that person I want to hate, crusing around campus with le iPod. But it's pink! And little! And my music is SO better than what everyone else has. Or so I think. And I still make geeky mistakes with it (like trying to answer my phone with the earphones still in) that I think make me more endearing than others.

I made chili tonight, and now not only do I have huge amounts of it in the fridge (this was the point), but my entire apartment smells like chili. There are many worse things than this.

As for tomorrow, I have two things to say- Dear Valentine's Day, what did I ever do to you? Love, Gina
and
something wonderful Eliana told me "Well, there are people that have luck in relationships, then there's the two of us."

This year, as celebrating Matt and Gina are cool day (5th annual!) is difficult, I think it's best to take it for what it's worth and ignore all the fluffy hearts and chocolate and flowers and glibbitty globbity gloo, and instead follow Emily's advice and use it to tell the people you really love that they mean something to you. Friends, family, anyone. So there. Take that, Saint Valentine, whoever you are! And please, for something's sake, don't listen to dopey lovey songs all day. I'm going to go with my ever-present "69 Love Songs" from the Magnetic Fields.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

At least we know you're not dead, so that's good. I like people (that I like) being alive.
As for the poll: I think lipgloss would be an important accessory (actually probably an entire collection), and for some reason I see glow in the dark stars to decorate the "Oops, Gina"TM dollhouse.
And horray for the Euro-pop-princess!! Really you can get away with anything as a grad student (blame it on the stress). And on the V-day note, were're sending you lots of Huggs from warm (and currently rainy) Tucson.
~Heather
And I'd just like to say that the title of that cd is a little suggestive, but that's ok on party island.

12:12 AM  
Blogger L. said...

okay, the title of the cd is really funny today, because i found a book of dirty songs in the resource center (of ALL places!)..and one of them had lots to do with, uhm, well, take a few guesses, and was to the tune of "Oh My Darling Clementine!" I was literally crying I was laughing so hard. Only in rodman would you find a book of dirty songs from all periods of history!!!

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

My true to life Gina doll would come with many accessories. First she would have a bag of belly flops, fresh from Kenosha. Second she would have a glass of wine, possibly a nice Reisling. Third she would have knitting needles, a good accessory becaue they can double as weapons on those long dark walks home from campus. Fourth she would have some obscure French book. And definitely a good hat, cause you look good in hats, unlike the rest of us.

Love,
e

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

My true to life Gina doll would come with many accessories. First she would have a bag of belly flops, fresh from Kenosha. Second she would have a glass of wine, possibly a nice Reisling. Third she would have knitting needles, a good accessory becaue they can double as weapons on those long dark walks home from campus. Fourth she would have some obscure French book. And definitely a good hat, cause you look good in hats, unlike the rest of us.

Love,
e

1:54 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home