vendredi, juillet 07, 2006

Since dinner here isn't usually until around 8 or 9, I've gotten into the habit of the "quatre heures." This literally means "4 o'clock" and represents the time when you have your snack. Yes, snack time is planned into the day. How could you NOT love a country where you're supposed to have a snack? Today, since I was out running errands (read- buying silk, how chic does that make me sound?), this was my quatre heures:
A boule of glace a la violette and a sirop cassis. Which translates to a)violet ice cream and water with current sirop, b) sugar overload but who cares and c)a snack pleasing to Gina's aesthetics. And NO I did not choose it because of the colors. Entirely.
This was outside at L'epicerie, the bar a tartines that I've mentioned before, which is one of my favorite places here. You can also see part of Lila and Lila's tart. I did not eat this tart, which is rare. I was rather attached to my glace, you see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I think we need to get you a dictionary so you can remember how to spell syrup en anglais!!!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gina, are you trying to completely ruin my eyesight? A different color and/or a bigger font please!

5:29 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home