samedi, mai 07, 2005

Friday, Friday, Friday (I'm supposed to be grading papers right now, or creating lesson plans for the wonderful people that are subbing for me on Monday and Tuesday- but instead I'm writing this, because I love you. All 2 of you).

My wonderful friend Emilee (who is about to, eep, graduate from college, totally ruining my theory that she would stay little Emilee forever) sent me the album "Amorino" by Isobel Campbell, late of Belle and Sebastian. This one, mes amis, is wonderful. It flows wonderfully and is light and chill and fun. And there's a theremin (wooo)! Yes, you heard me correctly, a THEREMIN (wooo!). So that makes it even better. Emilee, thank you! And the rest of you people- listen to this album- it will make you happy and make you forget the ninjas that are menacing you.

Interesting quotes-
"It's the standard medieval way of saying 'By the way, I'm Christ'." (In my medieval book history class)
"Emily dit 'love is pain!'" (found in my notes on Ronsard's poetry)
"The question is, Gina, how will you be Tuesday night?" (one of my students)