dimanche, mars 06, 2005

Music and passion were always in fashion...

Have no fear, mes amis, I finished the book. And not just now, I finished it for class on Thursday. Then I got to class and realized that hardly anyone had finished it. Well then. Wait, does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

It's week 10, everyone. You know how much fun that is! You may remember last quarter at this time, when I ended up singing ABBA in front of Friendly Hall. Yeah. Umm, nothing like that has happened this quarter? Ok, that's only a partial lie, as I haven't actually completely busted out like that yet. I did sing large portions of "Copa Cabana" on Friday, but only because Steve and Emily swore that they had never heard it. Hmmm. Her name is Lola, she was a shoooooooowgirl... Oh great, now look what you made me do. At the Coooooooopa, Copa Cabaaaaaaaaana. I swear that I am not dancing around right now. Actually, I'm listening to the Magnetic Fields, which makes for an interesting mix. But back to week 10- wooo fun! Wait, no. I did lots of work today (I know! On a Saturday!), so I'm hoping that tomorrow I can write a page or two of this paper. Fetishism, feminism and decadence- what could be better? Maybe a cupcake? Or ten cupcakes? Copious amounts of cupcakes!

Everyone, I have a confession to make. I know that my musical tastes are varied to say the least, and usually sort of off the wall. I like that- me and mainstream music don't mix very well. But sometimes I listen to really bad music. And I don't even know why! And I like it! I love the Spice Girls! Robbie Williams and I are going to get married some day (one of these days I'll get around to telling him)! I still listen to old Euro-pop! I like Kylie Minogue! Do I need help? Should I plunge myself into some Belle and Sebastian to remedy this? I'll try and be better, promise! Hey, at least I'm not singing ABBA again. Yet. Really.

I remembered to read L'heptameron! At least part of it. But it's in Middle French and can take a while. Now I just need to finish a larger portion of it. And do that reading list and exam committee thing. And job? Once again, if any of you have arts management/education jobs that you're hiding behind your backs, now's the time to bring them out. Help your crazy friend who will soon have TWO FRENCH DEGREES! aaaaah! Will she finish? But as Emily said, we just have to believe that we can do it and that everything will work out, because if not- total mental collapse. And that's never any good, is it?

Friday night Steve and I went out for dinner, and I thought the waiter was cute and wanted to flirt with him. But I was thwarted by the fact that said waiter probably thought Steve and I were on a date. Noooooo! Alas, my flirting efforts failed. Really, do I need to wear a sign that says "Yes, I'm still single"? Please say no. Because that would just make me sad.

Oooooh, I'm tired. And tomorrow I'm doing even more work (hoooooow fun!) and maybe baking a cake. Because that didn't really happen before. But then there's the whole thing where there'll be a big cake in my apartment. And that can only mean trouble. ooooh, you should all come from all over the country and eat it with me, this not-yet-in-existence-cake. yum!