mardi, mars 15, 2005

Cupcakes for Emily

As you can tell, I didn't get a chance to update again right away. And as you can tell (scroll down everyone) there are lots of new pictures. They document my recent cooking adventures, including the risotto, the chicken curry, and the Emily-birthday-cupcakes. They were all delicious! if I do say so myself. I'm not nearly as afraid of cooking as I was before. And those cupcakes? Were really really good. I love cupcakes. Sadly, they couldn't float or fly.

It's been a long haul since Thursday, but a good one. I finished my paper and turned it in today, a day early (14 pages! I am so proud! Now, I just hope it makes sense...), and also finally got my exam committee together. I still need to study for, and take, my 19th century final (why do we have a final? I haven't taken a final since college!), but Emily and I will be studying for that tomorrow morning, and I've read everything and talked a lot in class, so this is not a problem. There are also grades to be done, but again, not too worried. I am so proud of my 202 class! Not only were they wonderful all quarter long, but their oral presentations were fantastic. You've heard about the bear incident and probably thought,"Well, it can't possibly get much better than that. I mean, how can you go up from a bear suit?" Ooooooh mes amis, how you were wrong! There were pollution doubters! And former meth-addicts whose mothers burnt down their trailers trying to fry oreos! And ninjas! Yes, ninjas! Well, one ninja. I, once again, laughed so hard that I cried, making the grading part sort of hard. I felt like I was in some sort of Bjork video. I was so lucky with my students this term and hope that next term's class measures up to them. Speaking of next term, the waiting list now has, 9, I think?, people on it. Wow. This whole week-of-wow with the students (Holy alliteration Batman!) has reminded me how much I like teaching, and that I'll really miss it after June. Soooooo, I've decided to look for teaching jobs. I think if I look for French teaching jobs (hopefully for kids, and it'd have to be private school, since I don't have an education degree) and arts jobs I'll have better luck. And teaching makes me happy, and working with kids makes me happy. This bodes well for a teaching job! (side note- iTunes just went into "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! a man after midnight" by ABBA- it's so tempting to start dancing around the room) So I'll ask again- anyone have a job for me?

I was going to tell you about the bridesmaid dress I was ordering for my cousin's wedding this fall and show you a picture so you could ooh and aah and paste my head over the model's and then throw darts at it, but sadly, this will not happen. Chris just called and told me not to get it and that we're all probably wearing the same (mystery) dress now. Darn. But tis not my wedding, so tis not my decision. But if you have other pictures you'd like to paste my head on and then throw darts at, be my guest (beeeeee our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test- tie your napkin round your neck cherie and we will do the rest!- Beauty and the Beast always was my favorite Disney movie, besides Alice in Wonderland, even before I took French).

So, about this blog. I love purple, don't get me wrong. But I'd really like a new look, and I'm not smart enough to work with the html codes, nor do I want a pre-made template. Anyone out there know anything about this? I want a preeeeetty blog! Really, anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? (oh, that was so cliche. But I'm still listening to ABBA, so bear with me)

I'm going to Tucson on Friday (for a week, spring break!). U of A library, here I come! No, I'm serious. I'm going to try and get some reading done for the exams (of doooooom!) and work on le masters essay. And sit in the sun, and see family and friends, and relax. Should be fun. If anyone needs anything from the Southwest, now is the time to tell me (including Jackalopes, even though they don't exist).

Am I boring? No really, would you be more likely to read this if I talked about more interesting things? Huh?

And with that, she was off! To the batcave, Robin!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Keep up the good work
» »

12:12 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home