jeudi, mars 10, 2005

What are you doing here at 2pm?

A post in the middle of the day! Oh Gina, you ask, whatever is the occasion? Well, lovely people, as you may know (or care?) I don't have class until 4 on Thursdays. And since today is the last class (yes! last! week 10!) there wasn't any new reading, so I'm not in "I-must-finish-this-book-in-the-next-hour" mode. I do, however, have half of my paper done, which is incredible for me. If you reference the posts from the end of last November through December, you may recall that at this point last quarter I had nothing written, and was lost in front of Friendly Hall singing ABBA and Barry Manilow (you may also note that Ryan witnessed this insanity and still thought it was ok to date me- now that, ladies and gentlemen, is brave. Sometimes I don't even think that I'd date me!) . So I'd say that this end-of-quarter is going much better. Yesterday Steve and I had a marathon writing session that involved 2 pots of tea, candy, Belle and Sebastian and more books than my table could hold. And oh yeah, Steve having a much better work ethic than me, as he caught me playing solitaire and singing along with Belle and Sebastian more than once. Steve, Emily and I have planned a Saturday peer-editing session for our papers, so I'd really like to have the paper done by then. We're all writing about Decadence (remember when I learned what that really was?), so we'll actually be able to offer real ideas and help. Imagine that! It's also Emily's birthday! Well, it will be on Sunday! More exclamation points!!!

Oh no, I have to get ready for class! This is the problem with during-the-day posts. More to come tonight or tomorrow including the teacher revelation, ninjas in French class, the trip home, the bridesmaid dress and possible changes to le blog! Ciaaaaaaaaao!